Victim Assistance

As the victim of a crime, you have certain constitutional and statutory rights under the law.  The Utah Council on Victims of Crime has created a document explaining these rights, as well as the responsibilities and expectations of government agencies involved in the criminal prosecution process.

Victim Advocates

South Salt Lake Victim Services is a team of four, committed to the work of victim advocacy and providing support to those who need it. With over 45 years of combined experience in victim and child advocacy, our team is prepared to provide guidance, resources, and referrals particular to your needs.

Victim Advocate hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Call our main line at 801-412-3660 and our Spanish-speaking line at 801-412-3661. For non-emergency situations call 801.840.4000. To obtain a police report, reach out to our Records Division at 801-412-3600 or Email Police Records  

Victim Assistance FAQs

How do I obtain a police report?
To obtain a police report, reach out to our Records Division at 801-412-3600 or Email Police Records 

If I’m a victim of a crime, do I need to pay for a copy of the police report?
No. Victims of crimes can receive a copy of their police report for free. Contact the Records Division at 801-412-3600 or  Email Police Records for more information.

Do I need a lawyer to get a protective order?
No. You can apply for a protective order through the Legal Aid Society.

Can I be compensated for expenses related to a crime committed against me?
In some cases, yes. To find out if you can be compensated for a crime committed against you, reach out to the Utah Office for Victims of Crime.

Where can I find additional information and services for domestic abuse?
Domestic Shelters provides excellent information regarding all aspects of domestic abuse. If you are the victim of domestic abuse, reach out to our team immediately.