Elections & Voting
Transparency and resident engagement are two important pillars of South Salt Lake's government; as a result, we strive to create a clear and intuitive election process and encourage all our residents to participate.
South Salt Lake Elections
South Salt Lake elections are held every odd numbered year alternating with Council Districts 1, 4, 5 and At-Large and Council Districts 2, 3, At-Large and Mayor. All elected positions are four-year terms. The City utilizes vote by mail through Salt Lake County.
The City of South Salt Lake will hold a Municipal General Election on November 21, 2023 (previously scheduled for November 7, 2023) to elect the following:
City Council District 1
City Council District 4
City Council District 5
At-Large Representative 2
These positions are four-year terms.
The Candidate filing period is Tuesday, August 8, 2023 through Tuesday, August 15, 2023 (excluding weekends) from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
City Council - District 1
City Council - District 4
City Council - District 5
City Council - At-Large
Ranked Choice Voting
- Register to vote prior to the next election! For more information or to register today, visit the Utah Voter Registration website.
- All South Salt Lake elections have a vote-by-mail option. Every eligible, active voter will be mailed a ballot at least three weeks prior to Election Day (an active voter is a voter that has voted at least once in the last four years). Find more information on Salt Lake County Website.
- Voters can check registration status, ballot drop box locations, vote center location information and other election information at the Salt Lake County Election Website.
- Voters can visit vote.utah.gov to view candidate profiles, track ballots, view sample ballots and more.
The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) Notice:
- 2023 Municipal General Election November 21, 2023
- Council Member District 1 (4 year term)
- Council Member District 4 (4 year term)
- Council Member District 5 (4 year term)
- Council Member At-Large (4 year term)
For more information please visit Salt Lake County Clerk Website