Fire Marshal and Fire Prevention
The Office of the Fire Marshal ensures South Salt Lake is doing everything possible to prevent fires in and around our community. This office includes both the Fire Marshal and the Deputy Fire Marshal.
The Fire Marshal is responsible for:
- Building plan reviews
- Issuing permits for buildings, sprinklers and fire alarms
- Enforcing the International Fire Code (IFC)
The Deputy Fire Marshal handles:
- Issuing business licenses
- Conducting fire inspections
- Overseeing our hazardous materials disposal program
The Fire Prevention Division is managed by the Fire Marshal. The division is responsible for the ongoing business inspection program, all fire prevention programs, our juvenile firesetter program, fire code enforcement, plan review and various other prevention and inspection activities.