City of South Salt Lake


Add To My Quick Links

Utility Billing

The Utility Billing Division processes the utility payments that ensure your household or apartment is provided with reliable utility services. By paying your bills on time, you are investing in the continued maintenance and improvement of your utilities, from clean drinking water to an efficient sewer network. 

We have made it easier than ever to pay your utility bills: check out our “Pay Your Bill” page to learn more.

What We Do

The City, in cooperation with local partners, facilitates several utilities for its residents and businesses. These include:

Depending on the location of the property, utility services may be provided by a combination of entities, including the Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District, Mt. Olympus Improvement (Sewer), and various garbage removal companies.

Additional Information:

How to start/stop services: 


Property owners are required to complete and sign an owner application and bring their owner card into City Hall along with a government-issued photo identification card/driver's license. Should the property be leased out and the tenant required to pay for utility service, we also require the owner to sign an authorization form allowing the tenant to put the bills into their name. (See Downloads to the right). Owners are ultimately responsible for all outstanding charges not paid by the tenant.


If you are a new tenant, you must:

  • Complete and sign a tenant agreement: Commercial; Residential
  • Bring your tenant card into City Hall along with a government-issued photo identification.
  • Make a payment of a security deposit (currently $75 or 60 days, whichever is greater) prior to an account being transferred into your name.


  • If the water meter has been turned off, there is a reconnection fee ($25.00-$65.00).
  • If garbage cans need to be delivered, there is a one-time fee of $25.00, plus the prorated amount of billing. All fees must be paid prior to service being rendered.
  • Special permits may be required for inspection of non-qualifying residential units to determine the number of units and corresponding trash collection needs.


How can I get a Transfer Station Card to dispose of bulk waste loads?

Call  801-483-6074 and we will mail you a new card.

How can I find out who my utility providers are?

We rely on several partners to provide our utility services. You can find out who provides your services by referring to our helpful maps (on the right sidebar) or by calling 801.483.6074 and providing us with your address.

We have made several changes to our roll-off rentals (Bulk Waste Trailers): see our Waste Collection page for more information.

Related Links:

Related Information

Contact Us

Utility Billing
220 East Morris Ave, Ste. 200
South Salt Lake, UT 84115

Office Hours
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

[email protected]
Contact Form