City of South Salt Lake


Add To My Quick Links

Water Utility Billing

Water bills are generated the last week of the month and are always due on the 20th of the month. You can pay your bill online any time after your bill is generated.

How We Bill Water:

Standard (5000 gallons)

5,000-30,000 gallons used

Over 30,000 gallons used


$21.00 + $2.25 per 1,000 gallons over 5,000

$21.00 + 2.75 per 1,000 gallons over 5,000

The minimum bill per month for a standard 1.00 inch water meter is $21.00, which covers up to 5,000 gallons of use. There is an excess water charge of $2.25 per 1,000 gallons (in addition to the $19.00) if 5,001-30,000 gallons are used monthly. This charge increases to $2.75 per 1,000 gallons if over 30,000 gallons are used monthly.

Additional fees are included for larger-sized meters.

A rate list is located on the backside of your utility bill, and is available by calling 801-483-6074. Water meters are read every month.

Water Disconnection

If water service has been terminated at a property for non-payment, payment of the full account balance and a reconnect fee ($25.00 by 3:00pm the following day, $65.00 otherwise) is required to restore water service.

Wate may be disconnected any time after the 20th of each month, assuming payment has not been received.

Artesian Wells

Some of our residents are fortunate to have old artesian wells in their yards. We are often asked about these. The City has no jurisdiction regarding them. We advise you to talk to your neighbors and see what they have done or try calling State Water Rights for more information: 801-538-7240.

Emergency Repairs

If you need water services turned off at the water meter for repairs, call the Water Department at 801-483-6045.

If you need assistance after 5pm nightly, or during holidays/weekends, contact Community Dispatch at 801.840.4000. They will contact the after hours water department personnel.

There is no reconnect fee for emergency water repairs. If you want to disconnect for any other reason, contact the billing office during business hours.

To Note:

City ordinance prohibits anyone other than City employees from operating or tampering with the water meter. This includes plumbing professionals.



What is the best way for me to pay my bill?

We recommend that residents use our “Pay Your Bill” webpage and set up recurring automatic payments for their bills. This prevents missed bills and potential water disconnections and reconnection fees.

How do I know if my house is serviced by SSL Water or not?

SSL Water only services residences south of 2100 South and north of 3300 South, so if you live south of 3300 South  your water will come from the Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District. If you are not sure, locate your house on this map.

Who should I contact if I can’t make my water payment on time?

We understand that from time to time everyone has unexpected things happen in life.  The collection program has been designed with that in mind.  Please contact the billing office before the date of any delinquency notice you receive and they will try to work out a payment schedule that works for you. Call 801.483.6074 or email [email protected].

Related Links:

Related Information

Utility Billing

220 East Morris Ave, Ste. 200
South Salt Lake, UT 84115

Office Hours
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

[email protected]
Contact Form


Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District teaches free classes on water conservation and landscaping wisely.

Click here for more information


Water Quality

Click here for our Water Quality Report.

Please contact us at 801.483.6074 if you would like a hard copy of the Water Quality Report mailed to you.