If you are planning an event in South Salt Lake, you need to complete and submit an application for a Special Event Request to the City Recorder at least ten days before any advertising of their event commences. Download a Special Event Request Form. Please make sure to complete the site map and event description and attached to the application. For non-applicable questions, fill in with N/A. The application will be processed and the applicant will be notified within seven calendar days whether the application is granted or denied, and reason for deny.
Things to Consider / Additional Permit Requirements:
- If the event impedes traffic on the street, a road closure and traffic plan may be required by either the city or state. The City Recorder will work with the appropriate City Departments to determine if the event will require a road closure and notify the applicant.
- South Salt Lake Fire Marshal will need to inspect certain things before the event, including propone/gas or liquids used, fireworks or open flames, and temporary structures.
- If the event lasts more than two hours AND will be attended by more than 500 people, you must obtain a Temporary Mass Gathering Permit by the Salt Lake County Health Department. For verification and more information, contact them at 385-468-3817 or email@example.com.
- If food is being offered at the event, you may need to obtain a Temporary Food Service Permit by the Salt Lake County Health Department. For verification and more information, contact them at 385-468-3817 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you provide a Porta Potty, they require a contaminant pan underneath them to prevent spillage into storm water drains.
- If you are serving or selling alcohol, you may need to get an event permit from the Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverages Services. For verification and more information, contact them at 801-997-6800.