The Finance Department is committed to maintaining and reporting all City financial information accurately. Additionally, internal accounting controls, policies, and procedures are established, and adhered to, in order to safeguard City assets. We provide support and information to the City Council, Administration, and all other departments.
What We Do
The South Salt Lake Finance Department is responsible for overseeing all of the following functions:
- Accurately record and report all financial transactions in a timely manner
- Ensure that cash and investment assets are expended according to city policy and state law
- Process all cash receipt and cash disbursement transactions, including:
- Payroll and accounts payable
- Utility payments
- License and permit payments
- Prepare and draft the annual financial reports and budget
- Provide timely and relevant financial information
- Assist customers and users with courtesy and professionalism
Since 2005, the City has received the "Certificate of Achievement For Excellence in Financial Reporting" from the Government Finance Officers Association. The Certificate is the highest form of recognition in governmental accounting and financial reporting.
See adopted and prior year budgets.
- State Auditor Hotline - The “State Auditor Hotline” provides an avenue for citizens, including public employees and contractors, to report their concerns about potentially improper governmental activities
- Property Tax Rates
- Sales Tax Rates - South Salt Lake City changed its sales tax rates effective January 2011. C
- Transparent Utah
- Utah Public Notice